Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWIC. Data network: 4G,EDGE,GPRS,GSM,HSPA+,LTE,WCDMA, UMTS bands supported: 800,900,1800,2100,2600 MHz. Certification: UL 60950-1,CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, EN 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, AS/NZS 60950.1, FCC Part 2.1093, RSS-. Width: 78 mm, Depth: 124 mm, Height: 19 mm
The Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs (Figure 1) are the first enterprise-class 4G multimode LTE WWAN solution. With 4G LTE, WWAN is a primary WAN link solution. Businesses can now run applications such as interactive video and telepresence on a primary 4G LTE WWAN link, which is 10 to 15 times faster and has 5 times lower latency than 3G links. These cards support the latest Third-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Release 8 LTE standards. Cisco 4G multimode LTE WWAN EHWICs provides persistent, reliable LTE connectivity with fallback and transparent handoff to earlier technologies. The card provides bandwidth to support high-definition (HD) and peer-to-peer (P2P) video calls, providing customers with an excellent mobile broadband experience.
The Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs are tightly integrated with the services provided on the award-winning Cisco ISR G2 devices, which deliver secure data, voice, video, and mobility services. The Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs are supported on the modular Cisco 1900, 2900, and 3900 Series ISR G2 devices.
Enterprises are looking for ways to reduce deployment time, enable comprehensive media services, increase revenue, and improve business continuity. The Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs, when coupled with a service provider's wireless data plan, provide a rapidly deployable, high-bandwidth, reliable, and secure solution for branch offices and remote sites. With 4G LTE data rates, the Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs offer a primary WAN link solution capable of running comprehensive branch-office services, including voice and video services.
The Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs include the following variants:
- EHWIC-4G-LTE-V: Dedicated multimode LTE for Verizon Wireless networks; the multimode LTE EHWIC is backward compatible with Evolved High Rate Packet Data (EHRPD), EVDO Revisions A and 0, and 1xRTT
- EHWIC-4G-LTE-A, EHWIC-4G-LTE-BE*, EHWIC-4G-LTE-JP*: Multimode LTE for AT&T US, Bell Canada and NTT Docomo Japan that operates LTE on 1700- and 2100-MHz, 700-MHz, or 2100-MHz networks; multimode LTE EHWIC is backward compatible with DC-HSPA, HSPA+, HSPA, UMTS, EDGE, and GPRS.
- EHWIC-4G-LTE-G: Multimode LTE for carriers that operates LTE on 800-MHz, 900-MHz, 1800-MHz, 2100-MHz, or 2600-MHz networks; the multimode LTE global EHWIC is backward compatible with DC-HSPA, HSPA+, HSPA, UMTS, EDGE, and GPRS.
Main Features and Benefits
- Integrated 4G LTE WWAN broadband: With the 4G LTE WWAN modem integrated into the router, you gain the benefits of simplified installation and management. In addition, the Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs are tightly integrated with Cisco ISRs, which run the industry-leading Cisco IOS® Software, giving access to all the advanced features of Cisco IOS Software such as quality of service (QoS), intelligent network queuing, and robust security.
- Performance: With increasing data use and the proliferation of web-based applications at remote sites, there is an increasing need for high-speed (broadband) data connections to run mission-critical applications at these sites. 4G LTE WWAN services promise low-latency links at high speeds.
- Short installation time: Businesses sometimes have to wait weeks or months to get data circuits installed at new locations. For temporary or seasonal sites, wireless data services allow instant connectivity anywhere there is cellular coverage, and rapid deployment allows you to quickly set up networks with WAN connectivity.
- Network resiliency through WAN diversity: WAN connectivity is crucial to the functioning of your business, and any downtime means a loss of productivity and lost opportunity. Staying connected and operational during a network outage can be vital. A wireless connection for backup to a remote site provides protection against line outages and an additional level of redundancy because the 4G LTE WWAN infrastructure is often served by separate facilities, providing redundancy for the entire local loop.
- Portability: You can easily relocate wireless routers and Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs wherever coverage is available.
- Hardware-ready 4G LTE multiple bearer QoS: Future alignment with 4G LTE multiple-bearer QoS is supported. The QoS feature is service provider specific, and its support aligns with the service provider's roadmap.
- WAAS Express*: Cisco WAN optimization system consists of WAAS Express (WE) routers and Wide-area Application Engines (WAEs) that work together to optimize TCP traffic in your network. When client and server applications attempt to communicate with each other, the network intercepts the traffic and acts on behalf of the client application and the destination server.
- WAAS Express will be supported in late Q4CY2013