Hewlett Packard Enterprise 5500-24G-SFP HI Switch w/2 Interface Slots. Switch type: Managed, Switch layer: L3. Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000), Console port: RJ-45. Networking standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3u. MAC address table: 32000 entries, Switching capacity: 176 Gbit/s, Throughput: 130.9 Mpps. Colour of product: Grey, Form factor: 1U
The HP 5500 HI Switch Series delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support at the edge layer of large campus and branch networks. The HP 5500 HI has a robust feature set supporting 1440W PoE+, fixed and modular 10GbE, 9 chassis IRF stacking, Static & RIP Routing, OSPF, MPLS, ACLs, IPv6 and Energy Efficient Ethernet.
The HP 5500 HI Switch Series offers advanced technologies including OAM, CFD, Multi-level QoS, MPLS, and VPLS, and can be managed with the HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network.
Highly Resilient, More Secure and Scalable Access Layer Switches
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support capabilities features at the edge layer of data center and large campus networks. Advanced technologies include OAM, CFD, RRPP, BFD, Multi-level QoS, MPLS, and VPLS.
- Offers scalable stacking with fixed or modular 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) and up to 1440W of PoE+ power with dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies for growth and reliability.
- The HP Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) virtualizes up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks. The 5500 HI has IPv6 support and fully featured L3 functionality, including RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and PIM.
- Includes software-defined network (SDN) capabilities with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phone support and no software licensing required.
Powerful Performance with Higher Levels of Security
- The 5500 HI Switch Series provides higher levels of security with hardware-based, wire-speed access control lists (ACLs).
- Provides simple administration without impacting network performance offering feature-rich TCAM-based ACL implementation.
- Non-blocking architecture delivers up to 224 Gbps of wire-speed switching with a non-blocking switching fabric and up to 167 million pps throughput.
Robust Quality of Service
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Creates traffic classes based on ACLs, IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark.
- Get extensive traffic prioritization with congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), SP+WDRR, and SP+WFQ.
Comprehensive Security Control and a Single View of the Network
- The HP 5500 HI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, MAC, and Web Authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Offers identity-driven security and access control with automatic VLAN assignment and per-user ACLs allow access to specific network services without risking network security. Security features include: IP source guard, DHCPv6 snooping, STP BPDU port protection, RADIUS/HWTACACS, and SSL.
- Can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON, and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.