QNAP TAS-168. Total installed storage capacity: 0 GB, Installed storage drive type: HDD, Supported storage drive types: HDD. Processor family: ARM, Processor frequency: 1.1 GHz. Internal RAM: 2 GB, Internal RAM type: DDR3, Flash memory: 4096 MB. Ethernet LAN data rates: 10,100,1000 Mbit/s. Chassis type: Mini Tower, Colour of product: Black, White
The TAS-168 is an all-in-1 network storage center for file storage, backup, remote access and multimedia playback. Powered by an ARM® v7 dual-core processor with 2GB RAM, the compact TAS-168 delivers quiet and energy-saving operation as a home NAS, and serves as a personal cloud storage as well as media center for entertainment.
- Organize & manage files and backup tasks in one centralized location
- Synchronize files between computers, laptops, and mobile devices
- Remotely access your files securely from your personal cloud
- Stream your multimedia library via DLNA to other devices and your TV
- Enjoy direct media playback via HDMI with HD* videos and photos
- Compact, streamlined chassis ideal for a desktop or living room environment
* Supports HD and 4K H.265 / H.264 file format. To support 4K H.264 video playback, you must update the model firmware to QTS 4.1.4 Build 1023 (or newer).
Light, compact, and tool-less design
The TAS-168’s mini-tower design takes up less desktop space, making it ideal for homes and small/home offices. Compared to a traditional NAS cooling fan, the TAS-168 houses a compact and quiet exhaust that helps dissipate heat with less noise and dust. With the tool-less design*, you can easily remove the TAS-168’s side cover to add or replace hard drives.
* The tool-less installation is only for 3.5” hard drives.
QTS facilitates central management and file sharing
The QTS operating system provides a web-based user interface to help you easily manage files on the TAS-168. You can install various apps based on your needs to fulfill tasks like storage, backup, management and multimedia applications. File Station allows you to upload, download and manage files anywhere with a web browser. All of your photos, music and videos can be indexed by the built-in Media Library, and easily managed and shared with the Photo Station, Music Station and Video Station. The energy-saving Download Station is your 24/7 download center, allowing you to quickly download files to enrich your collection.
File synchronization across devices and clouds
Qsync utility turns your TAS-168 into a safe, large-capacity data center for file synchronization. Any file uploaded to the TAS-168 will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops or mobile devices. Qsync is especially useful for frequent travelers to manage files and always have the most up-to-date files on different devices. You can also install the Cloud Drive Sync app from QTS App Center to easily sync files with Google Drive™ and Dropbox® cloud storage.
Cross-platform file sharing, centralized data storage
The TAS-168 supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, Linux®/UNIX® networks. Data, logs and ISO images of CDs and DVDs can be centrally stored on the TAS-168 and protected by an integrated antivirus solution.
Well-rounded backup & disaster recovery solutions
QNAP NetBak Replicator supports real-time and scheduled data backup on Windows®, and Time Machine® is also supported for Mac® data backup. The TAS-168's front-panel USB port features a one-touch-copy function for you to instantly back up data from external drives to the TAS-168 with just one click, or alternatively to back up data from the TAS-168 to external drives. Disaster recovery solutions including RTRR, rsync and cloud storage backup (Dropbox® and Google Drive™) are also included.
A personal cloud without limits
In contrast to the bounded storage space and potential security issues with public cloud services, the TAS-168 is advantageous for establishing a secure and large-capacity private cloud. The myQNAPcloud service allows remote access to files stored on the TAS-168 and supports automatic port forwarding for UPnP routers, My DDNS service and CloudLink, allowing you to easily access files, share multimedia, and check your system status from anywhere.
File management: Create a personal cloud for file management, backup and sharing
The TAS-168 is an ideal file center for centrally managing your files and backups. You can use the Qfile mobile app to upload files, and then use File Station to browse, manage and share; back up files from external devices via USB one-touch-copy function, use NetBak Replicator or Time Machine™ for Windows™ and Mac™ backups, or back up files to cloud storage; and synchronize files across devices by using the Qsync utility.
Access and enjoy from your tablets and smartphones
The TAS-168 is your private cloud storage that virtually enlarges the capacity of your mobile devices. Qfile allows you to access, upload, download, manage, and share stored files easily as if you are carrying all of your files in your pocket. If Qfile is installed on an iOS® device, users can also browse videos & photos stored on the TAS-168 and play via Apple TV®. Qmanager lets you monitor & manage the TAS-168 remotely and efficiently without turning on your PC, and you can enjoy and share music, photos and videos on the TAS-168 anywhere and anytime with the Qmusic, Qphoto and Qvideo apps.
Media stream via DLNA
You can use DLNA-compatible devices such as Smart TVs, Sony® PS4™ or Microsoft® Xbox 360® to enjoy HD quality videos stored on the TAS-168. Enjoy your home entertainment in an easy way.
Plug in a keyboard & mouse, and browse your stored media files on TV
By plugging in a USB keyboard, mouse and HDMI display, you can directly manage, edit and play files stored on the TAS-168 without needing an additional PC. On the HDMI display you will find your familiar Android™ interface, and you can start using various QNAP apps including Qfile, Qmanager, Qphoto, Qvideo, Qmusic, MyNAS, and Kodi ™ player. The Android™ experience is your TAS experience, so download the popular Android™ apps* to the TAS-168, and enjoy videos, apps and file management on a monitor or TV for the best visual comfort.
* The media player of TAS is implemented over the Android OS with Google Play supported. However, not all of the Android apps will be supported on TAS.
* Some of the TV-channel apps might not be running smoothly over this Android platform e.g. Netflix, Hulu and HBO Go.
Support Google Play & Qmarket
The TAS-168’s Android™ system provides the Google Play™ store and Qmarket. You can find various music, movies, books, and Android™ apps and games on Google Play™, and also download QNAP apps and access other app marketplaces from Qmarket.
* Not all the apps from Google Play will be installable or functional on TAS. QNAP will list the recommended apps on Qmarket for you to install & enjoy.
TAS plus NAS to fulfill more tasks
In addition to working independently, the TAS-168 can also be used with another QNAP NAS to handle more applications.
- QTS RTRR/rsync functions can help back up files on the TAS-168 to another NAS, securing data with double protection.
- With the Android™ interface displayed via HDMI, you can use apps like Qphoto, Qmusic and Qvideo to browse multimedia files on another QNAP NAS, or install the Vmobile app to monitor IP cameras from the Surveillance Station of another NAS.
- With another NAS (with QTS 4.2 or later), you can use File Station to directly mount shared folders from a remote TAS-168 by FTP, WebDAV, and CIFS/SMB.
- Various VPN apps available in Google Play™ can help stream media contents from blocked sites, or create a secure OpenVPN tunnel between the TAS-168 and another NAS to process remote backup tasks.